Researchers, Technical Assistance Providers, Community Partners, and Foodservice Professionals
We recognize the important contributions that researchers, technical assistance providers, chefs, managers and other relevant people play in strengthening local and regional seafood systems. To this end, we warmly welcome non-fishing community representatives to apply to join the network.
Eligibility & Expectations
We invite you to apply to join the network if you;
- Align with LCN’s core values.
- Take part in research, technical or service assistance, policy development, food service, seafood systems development, or other relevant activities.
- Engage in anti-racism, food justice and/or food sovereignty activities to transform our current food system.
- Actively support the development of an equitable, healthful, low-impact, culturally appropriate, and economically sustainable seafood system.
- Are willing to share knowledge and resources with network members and act as a thought leader or mentor if needed.
- Are committed to increasing access to seafood within and across all communities.
As a member you will:
- Strengthen your connection to the North American network of fishing communities, business owners, researchers, technical assistance providers, engaged in local and direct seafood distribution.
- Be able to share your work with a wide audience via LCN’s communications platforms.
- Receive our newsletter with relative information to small and community based fisheries.
- Have access to direct marketing resources and toolkits.
- Have access to our member listserv.
- Be able to participate in technical assistance programs and professional development opportunities.