We welcome seafood harvesters and seafood businesses that sell directly to consumers to join our network.
Eligibility & Expectations
We invite you to join the network if you:
- Share our network’s core values.
- Are enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and resources with fellow network members.
- Identify as a small- or mid-sized seafood business, community supported fishery (CSF), dockside market, fishermen-led cooperative, or other similar seafood operation.
- Sell a portion of your catch directly to consumers (including restaurants and institutions).
- Support anti-racist, food justice, or food sovereignty activities aimed at strengthening local and regional seafood systems.
As a member you will:
- Have your seafood business listed on the Seafood Finder.
- Have access to direct marketing resources and toolkits.
- Have access to a member listserv, private slack channel, and facebook discussion board.
- Be able to participate in technical assistance programs, and have access to Local Seafood Summit fellowships, and professional development opportunities.
- Strengthen your connection to the North American network of fishing communities, business owners, researchers, technical assistance providers, engaged in local and direct seafood distribution.
- Be able to share your story with a wide audience through the promotion of your business via LCN’s social media platforms and PR outlets.
- Receive our newsletter.
- Be able to engage in national and international policy forums.